Sunday, November 7, 2021

VARIOUS ARTISTS - Death Metal Power From Beyond compilation review


 

VARIOUS ARTISTS - Death Metal Power From Beyond compilation

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions


Honestly when it came to extreme music in 2021 it's only been hearing new death metal which has given me enjoyment. If you think that's odd well for me it ain't. Listening to this reminds me of an episode from my past. It was decades ago I was in a drunken pissed off rage. This couple lived with me at the time and the girl was trying to calm me down. She was saying "But Wolf what about your friends?" To which I replied "Friends? I have no friends. My only friend is death!" That's when the guy said "Man that's funny as hell. That would be a great album title." I agreed, smiled and wasn't so mad anymore.


So yeah in 2021 death metal has been my friend once again and of course this is a great compilation to celebrate a long time friendship. This originally came out in September. It sucks that I'm just getting into it now. I was stuck listening to some legacy band's long as hell album for weeks only to end up calling it a stinker. But as we all know death metal doesn't have a born on date. Out of all the extreme metal genres it never expires. So like with all good compilations there's some bands on here I'm familiar with and others totally new to me. 


Let me tell ya something, out of the sixteen bands on here it's the ones I'm hearing for the first time that are kick ass. Now as far as the bands I know of (and maybe you to) there's RIBSPREADER, UNDERGANG, COFFINS (who do a NIHILIST cover on here), RUIN (the California DM act who feature two former members of GRAVEHILL), ANATOMIA and NOMINON. Their tracks are phenomenal. 


As far as the new bands are concerned the ones on here that are fuckin incredible take influences from past greats like GRAVE, INCANTATION and dare I say HOODED MENACE to name a few. Secondly they're not copycats in fact they're basically taking what was done before and giving it some modern tweaks to make it somewhat their own. 


I'm talking about standout bands like CEMETARIAN from Texas, INFAMOUS GLORY from Brazil, RECKLESS MANSLAUGHTER and SACRIFIXION who are both from Germany and SERAPHIC DISGUST from California. But then again I like everything on this compilation. You should too.


https://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/death-metal-power-from-beyond



No comments: