Thursday, November 4, 2021

MASK OF SATAN - Underneath the Mire review


 

MASK OF SATAN - Underneath the Mire

Iron, Blood and Death Corporation


If you're gonna name your band after the title of a great old Italian horror classic then you better live up to that name. After giving this one the once over I'll give it to em. This is the second full length by this Finnish death metal act. Albeit this is the first time I've heard em. This record label is also new to me. But after checking out their website I was very interested in their roster. 


Now of course since I'm an old fucker, a DM fan of old and a collector of early Finnish death metal I can clearly say these guys don't hold any semblance from their homeland fore-bearers at all. But hey what else is new. To be honest this band has a death n roll feel to em. They also add a bit of groove to their agenda. They also know how to rip your head off with speed. And oh yeah I kinda like it a lot.


We're talking about a band whose sound is covered in grim. You've got yer brutal styled vocals which come out in line with the music. Sound-wise the band come off rough and it sets them apart from most new DM whether it's OSDM or the more polished sect. Their riff selection is fairly diverse featuring beating people up type of groove and some trudging stuff which builds into more beating people up type stuff. 


In the end I'm kinda floored by how great as well as uncanny this band is when it comes to their style of DM. I mean it's nine cuts long and when you get to that last song "The Black Goat" your mind will be blown. If they're vying for the death metal throne of Finland then they've got my vote.


https://ibdclabel666.bigcartel.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://ironbloodanddeath.bandcamp.com/album/underneath-the-mire


No comments: