Sunday, October 23, 2022

INCANTATION - Tricennial of Blasphemy review


 

INCANTATION - Tricennial of Blasphemy

Relapse Records


So what we have here true believers is a compilation which is not only cool for death metal purists. But it's also a huge thank you to us dedicated INCANTATION fans. Tricennial of Blasphemy is a 2xCD (3 LPs if ya want it on vinyl) 30th anniversary collection of rarities, demos, previously unreleased tracks and live stuff. 


Now if you have all of this stuff (I doubt it) then good for you. Here it is all in one package. But if you don't, hello me, then this is gold. I won't expose all of what you get on here, bullshit I will. For starters I'll just say that the unreleased stuff is cool as fuck. Add to that I've heard their version of SLAYER's "Hell Awaits" before as well as the REVENANT cover “Degeneration” which was on a Decibal magazine flexi. All good stuff.


Plus there's the tracks from INCANTATION's 7"ers Entrantment of Evil which I have on a Relapse comp CD as well as the two cuts from their Deliverance of Horrific Prophecies 7"er which I have on another Relapse comp CD. But for me the really cool stuff are the demo cuts of Impending Diabolical Conquest songs sung by Will Rahmer of MORTICIAN. Yes I'm a MORTICIAN fan, and frankly who isn't. 


After all of that death doom and gloom greatness there's the various live tracks seven in all. In the end I just wanna shake John McEntee's hand and say thanks. I'll be blasting this for months to come. Most likely before work to get me in the mood. This could or should be my favorite album of the year but it's a compilation of old and rare stuff. Still it's of the best. 


https://store.relapse.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://incantation666.bandcamp.com/album/tricennial-of-blasphemy


No comments: