Monday, October 31, 2022

WEREGOAT - The Devil's Lust EP review


 

WEREGOAT - The Devil's Lust EP

Iron Bonehead Productions


I'd get into Facebook jail if I posted the album cover of this release, AGAIN. Be that as it may I first got into this Portland, Oregon blackened death band with their 2017 full length Pestilential Rites of Infernal Fornication. Yeah that was a great release. I mean come on, your band name is WEREGOAT. Ah yeah I wanna hear it and am probably gonna love it. That release was an opus of blackened death metal filth. And so I've kept up with whatever this band was gonna come out with afterwards. 


Well since 2017 the silence has been loud. So here we have a six song short form release. You've got five originals and a cover of IMPALED NAZARENE's "Goat Perversion". Yeah well that one seems appropriate. But after I heard the second cut on here "Merciless Execution" I knew were this one was headed. 


Musically you've got your trudging riffs which are a mixed bag of thrashy black metal and slow burn doom. Add to the the psycho solos some of which are pure dive bomb and other tremolo picked. Finally there's the cauldron vocals which are total early Finnish BM. So yeah it's love for BEHERIT or IMPALED NAZARENE. In the end it's a decent EP. 


https://ironbonehead.de/

LISTEN HERE:

https://ironboneheadproductions.bandcamp.com/album/weregoat-the-devils-lust


No comments: