Sunday, October 23, 2022

LIVE BURIAL - Curse of the Forlorn review


 

LIVE BURIAL - Curse of the Forlorn

Transcending Obscurity Records


LIVE BURIAL has easily become my favorite English extreme metal band of late. Well someone had to take over the mantle from BOLT THROWER and NAPALM DEATH. I got into em on their second full length, Unending Futility, which came out in 2020. That one was a tour de force of old school death doom mixed with death grind and tech death elements. 


On here their latest the band has matured a thousand fold. Instead of throwing everything at you like standing in a hurricane (trust me I know what that's like). The band has molded their sound to fuckin perfection. Jamie Brown delivers these amazing blast furnace style vocals. The fuckin riffs are either vicious or melodic. The guitar soloing is full on dive bombing. Many of which had me siting here going holy shit that's fuckin killer.


But I gotta give a thumbs up to drummer Matt Henderson. This guy, whether it's his dramatic fills or pounding snare action, this man is the metal drummer of our time. As far as the song structures go on here. Well as I mentioned earlier LIVE BURIAL has matured in that area. Instead of just kicking your ass the songs on here invite you in to a great DM time. 


I have to say the closing cut "This Prison I Call Flesh", which is an eleven plus minute opus, is my favorite cut on here. But when you've got clobbering numbers like "My Head as Tribute" and "Exhumation and Execution", plus every song on here. Yeah this release just fuckin rules. 


https://tometal.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://liveburialdeath.bandcamp.com/album/curse-of-the-forlorn-death-metal



No comments: