Thursday, January 25, 2024

CORPSEVORE - Feed The Plague EP review


 

CORPSEVORE - Feed The Plague EP

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions


Here's my irony check for the month. Let me explain, every month I dedicate time to blasting old stuff with a specific topic. January has been all about old demos mostly death metal stuff. So of course I was listening to demos by NECROVORE and ROTTREVORE. So here we have another "vore" band. Actually I'm surprised the name hasn't been used before but anyways.


So here we have the debut release by CORPSEVORE which in their own words (from the Facebook page) is "Vegan grinding death metal from France". From what I can gather this is a side project by one of the guitarists from the French death doom band WINTEREVE. 


Musically it's got the crunch of early Swede Death with a decent grindcore head-bang. Think NIHILIST's Premature Autopsy gets into a head to head collision with CARCASS's Flesh Ripping Sonic Torment. If you're a grind head who likes some DM brutality then you'll like it. 


Personally I don't get into much of the lyrical content of bands but with this one it needs to be said. If you're part of that "meat is murder' crowd then this is right up your alley. As for me I don't care about anyone's dietary habits or convictions. Just don't tell me I can't eat a cheese steak. 


https://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/feed-the-plague




No comments: