MIDNIGHT PREY - Jenseitsritt
Dying Victims Productions
This month of August I've been musically getting nostalgic for 80's music which I still like a lot. Of course I share it on Facecrack with friends. They can handle it because they're younger. When I do the 70's or late 60's that's when they're going yeah I heard this in the 80's or 90's. It's always a good laugh for me.
With that in mind it brings us to the question what if you hear a new release in 2026 and it actually sounds like something from 1978 to 1982 or more? That's what I got here with the second full length by Germany's MIDNIGHT PREY. The band originally started out back in 2012. Their debut full length, Uncertain Times, came out in 2019. And here we are today with their second full length.
Musically this sounds like a late 70's Hard Rock release meets 80's NWOBHM along with, hold your breath, 1990's Post Punk elements. I chalk it up to the guitar work and vocal style of Winston Ziller. As a musician he's a Renaissance man creating an amazing sound that grasps everything cool from the past and reproducing it without a copyright held against him.
Winston is joined with great partners on bass with Daniel Friesen and drummer Hannes Ruhland. This rhythm section gives a solid foundation though out this release which either rocks your ass off or cools you down. The bottom line is that you have a cool listening experience with this release.
LISTEN HERE:
https://dyingvictimsproductions.bandcamp.com/album/jenseitsritt


No comments:
Post a Comment