SQUELCHING - Squelching Compilation
Horror Pain Gore Death Productions
So while listening to this release I had a bunch of thoughts. The first one is years ago when I was at a show watching a Brutal Death Metal act on stage. Why didn't I bust a beer bottle across the bar, cut myself across the forehead with the sharp end and then run into the crowd like a bloodied brutalizing maniac to start a savage pit?
Looking back and being a knowledgeable person of pro wrestling (especially Japanese wrestling) I knew where to cut. But in all I wasn't that out of control. Of course that's my not so humble opinion. Close friends might differ on my perspective of history.
Which brings us up to this release here which is a compilation of some output by a one man band, Once again years ago when I was a collector, I hated these things but now I'm not. So what we have here is a compilation of SQUELCHING material. SQUELCHING is a one man Brutal Death Metal act hailing from Indiana. The one man is David Sueoka who's musically responsible for everything.
Even though David Sueoka started SQUELCHING back a few years ago. He has been fairly prolific in short form releases starting out in 2020. What we have here is a compilation of material from his 2020 A Fatal Procession EP from, the Backbreaker EP from 2025 and a few latter tracks from 2025. Musically this is not the sick twisted stuff nor your basic sound from the mid-1990's.
Instead David Sueoka actually turns this sub genre into a gruff and yet brutal sound with an atmospheric touch. Even better is that he's not relying on that hiptard Prog style shit. He focuses on creating a developed sound instead of just a handful of songs. To me that's cool as well as interesting. David Sueoka does come from the MORTICIAN school of Brutal DM so that makes him a winner in my book.
I like this compilation a lot and if you're interested yeah you will to. It's what I like to call late night after work music. It's hate for those other people you have to deal with. Now with that said I really wanna hear what David Sueoka comes out with next and hopefully it's a full length. Nuff Said!
https://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/
LISTEN HERE:
https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/squelching


No comments:
Post a Comment