Thursday, December 7, 2017

ANTHROPIC - Self Titled review



ANTHROPIC - Self Titled

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions



Well to repeat a quote found in the promo info by Alex Webster bassist for CANNIBAL CORPSE (who also have a pretty decent release out this year) about this EP, "It's fucking killer! Truly excellent grind. The production is perfect for that style too!" So how the fuck can I follow that? Although I wonder how they got that quote? Maybe this band played a show with em and handed over a CDR.

Anyways this is good grind from ANTHROPIC, a four piece act who hail from Buffalo NY. If this band's objective was to recreate grindcore with an old school vibe then I'd say they nailed it as well. And for some old fuck like me I'd rather hear this (yeah like usually before I go into work for a mood inducer) than the more modern progressive wankery. Plus it's a seven song EP with a running time of just under seventeen minutes. Perfect for us on the go types. 

Be that as it may ANTHROPIC might have created the perfect old school grind EP as their debut which would easily sit well with releases by past greats. I do wonder about over-saturation of this return to the old days sound. Everybody is listening to TERRORIZER and REPULSION again then afterwards it's like "Hey let's do that too." Hell I got a release this year from some Polish band that sounds like Scum era NAPALM DEATH. Sure it sounds great but I got the original ingrained in my brain. 

http://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/anthropic

No comments: