Monday, January 4, 2021

BELUSHI SPEED BALL - Stella 1 and Stella 2 (Double EP) review


 

BELUSHI SPEED BALL - Stella 1 and Stella 2 (Double EP)

sonaBLAST! Records


OK so for me there's three types of thrash metal. There's basic thrash, then Teutonic thrash and finally blackened thrash. I never liked fun thrash as in "thrash therefore I am" or the skater baseball hat turned backward type of stuff. I've got my tastes and there you go. But I don't mind a band that has a shtick and invites the audience to play along. 


So when I was reading this band's bio and saw a video of there's. I was like hell yeah this looks cool. Then I listened to their release and was like oh yeah this is really fuckin good. I mean after the video and this release, here's a band I'd want to see perform at a local club.


BELUSHI SPEED BALL are a four piece act out of Louisville, Kentucky. Their genre tag is thrash and when they get serious about playing without the shtick comedy part they remind me of DRI. In fact their vocalist sounds a little bit like Kurt Brecht. So let's just say we're in old hardcore territory as far as musical influences go. 


Maybe that's why they add all the comedy as well as a tongue and cheek cut "We Aren’t Thrashers, We Are Hipster Posers". This double 7"er is the band's six release since starting out back in 2013. In unhappy times which these are a little humor doesn't hurt.


http://www.sonablast.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://belushispeedball.bandcamp.com/


No comments: