Sunday, January 17, 2021

SEROTONIN LEAKAGE / CHARCUTERIE - Split EP review


 

SEROTONIN LEAKAGE / CHARCUTERIE - Split EP

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions


Ladies & Gentlemen, and the rest of you who are still drawing lots. I believe this is the most disgusting release I've ever heard in my life. Now that's probably a good selling point for sure. Plus this is not a judgement on taste because there's plenty of things I don't care for musically out there. And honestly I kinda like it. So maybe it's more of a judgement on me and my appreciation for bands who will go that far or in this case that low. 


What we have here is a split release between two bands from the Philadelphia area of Pennsylvania. Yes I use to live in that state and still call Philly, Hostile City, USA. I still have family and friends up there as well. They all have my condolences over this release. I have a nephew up there. Years ago I found out he liked NILE so I sent him links to various brutal death metal acts I was listening to at the time. His reply was "Thanks Uncle John, Dad told me you were never right ever since you came back from the war." Just kidding.


But anyways as far as this release goes it starts off with four tracks by the one man band SEROTONIN LEAKAGE. The one man is Doc Dank who's responsible for all instruments and vocals. There's no titles to his tracks on here but then again why bother. It all sounds like someone blasting away on guitar and drums while someone else is recording a cancer patient trying to weaze through their oxygen max to sing while in their hospital bed. 


After that it's CHARCUTERIE with six cuts and there's vocals plus inbetween song sound clips. CHARCUTERIE, who are a two piece act, are actually the most accessible sounding on here. That's if you consider gore grind to be accessible. Well at least I do. This band is filthy, funny, bestial and down right offensive. Out of the two acts I kinda like their stuff. Rumor has it that when the lockdowns end. Both of these acts will set forth on a tour of hospices nationwide. Supposedly people are dying to see em live.   


http://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/split-11

No comments: