Sunday, June 12, 2022

ABYSMAL DAWN – Nightmare Frontier EP review


 

ABYSMAL DAWN – Nightmare Frontier EP 

Season Of Mist


Just to be honest I am a ABYSMAL DAWN fan. Yeah I know "bias alert" but hey Fuck You. I got into this band with their third full length, Leveling the Plane of Existence, which is from 2011. But hey their 2020 full length, Phylogenesis, was their solid slab of death metal perfection.


So what we have here is a four song EP containing one new cut "A Nightmare Slain". Then there's "Blacken the Sky" which is a reworked old demo cut. And finally there's two cover tunes "Behind Space" from IN FLAMES and "Bewitched" by CANDLEMASS. Good Stuff.


Of course the new original cut is good modern day tech death. Hell it could've been a leftover from their last album. The re-done cut from one of their demos is decent. Since I don't have any of their demos it's new to me. As far as the covers go well I never was an IN FLAMES fan. But anyone making melo-deth sound better is fine. The CANDLEMASS cover is fine since it strays from the original version a bit. All in all this is a decent EP but I'd rather have a new album by em.


https://www.season-of-mist.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://abysmaldawn.bandcamp.com/


No comments: