Sunday, June 12, 2022

ANIMALIZE - Meat We're Made Of review



ANIMALIZE - Meat We're Made Of

Dying Victims Productions


This is something that's kind of a surprise for me at least. I really don't get many releases that are full on 80's metal worshiping. Well I do get some but they're more extreme and not in the style that this band is doing. What we have here is the debut album by this French four piece act. Like I said this band is like a page torn from the 1980s. 


Basically you've got catchy fast rhythms, a rapid fire drum beat on most cuts, the vocals are clean with some highs and of course some great guitar soloing. I think the last band that I thought really brought on the full 80's metal character was ENFORCER, musically and wardrobe wise.


Out of the nine cuts on here I'd say half are great while the rest are decent. Oddly enough that's what I think of many old 80's metal releases from my past. But of the great ones which are catchy as fuck I'd say the opener, "Samourai de l'univers", is amazing plus "Back from the Sematary", "The Witch You Are" and the closer "Esprit de l'asile". 


All in all I think ANIMALIZE's debut comes off as something which came out of a time machine. I mean let's be serious. If this came out in 1984/85 we'd all be calling it a fuckin classic. Thankfully they're a new band and we can expect more good stuff from em. 


https://www.dying-victims.de/

LISTEN HERE:

https://dyingvictimsproductions.bandcamp.com/album/animalize-meat-were-made-of


 

No comments: