Sunday, June 12, 2022

BESIEGED - Violence Beyond All Reason review


 

BESIEGED - Violence Beyond All Reason

Unspeakable Axe Records


So when I saw that this band was from Canada and played thrash I was like cool. Much to the dismay and non-belief by some of my thrash fan friends. When I ever make a list of some top 10 favorite thrash albums. I always include two of Canada's best aka: SACRIFICE's Forward To Termination and DEAD BRAIN CELLS' self titled album. Yeah it pisses off the heshers but so fuckin what. Sorry people but for me VOIVOD were OK.


Anyways this is the second album by Winnipeg, Canada's BESIEGED. What's interesting is that the band's debut full length, Victims Beyond All Help, came out in 2010. Yeah well that was then and this is now. Musically this band sounds old school thrash as fuck and is firing on all cylinders on this frantic release. 


The basic foundation here is maniac riffs, savage drum work, impressive bass playing plus caustic vocals and off kilter soloing. Their key component is speed and great technical ability. I wouldn't toss em into a revivalist category. Frankly they remind me of RAZOR after 3 Red Bulls and an Eight Ball. In the end this is major fuckin great plus it has that cool cover artwork.



http://www.unspeakableaxerecords.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://unspeakableaxerecords.bandcamp.com/album/violence-beyond-all-reason


No comments: