Monday, December 26, 2022

KRISIUN - Mortem Solis review


 

KRISIUN - Mortem Solis

Century Media Records 


Everyone's favorite Brazilian brothers of death metal return with their 12th studio album. I don't know but it seems like yesterday I was listening to 2000's Conquerors of Armageddon or Southern Storm from 2008. Actually it was a few months ago and yeah those are my favorite albums by KRISIUN. 


Over the past bunch of years KRISIUN have put out a handful of full lengths that fit the bill if you're a fan which I am. But they've fell into that signature sound category. It's KRISIUN you either like it or not. Fortunately I'm a fan and have liked every album they've put out. Albeit there are a few that have gathered some dust over the years.


Their last one, Scourge of the Enthroned, from 2018 was damm good. So this year when I saw KRISIUN was coming out with a new one I was excited. So on Mortem Solis the band seems to have taken a step back to the past as far as their sound and song structures. Sure it's fast and heavy but not blasting your head off.


There's some exciting riffs flowing throughout. Plus the lead guitar work is on that tolerable tech death scale. The vocals are still in that deep baritone, angry and filthy. And of course the drum work is amazing. Some cool songs on here are "Serpent Messiah" and "Swords into Flesh", either one would be a great opener when they tour next year with VADER.


Add to them I'd say "Tomb of the Nameless" is a sick blast from the past at times. "War Blood Hammer" fuckin rules. In the end it's not a perfect blast from the past. But it's a great reminder from KRISIUN that hey they still kick ass. Something I've learned over the past few years is that few bands from the past which I liked a lot don't excite me as much with their newer stuff. KRISIUN never disappointing.


https://www.centurymedia.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVkyxfpZABM&t=761s


No comments: