Friday, December 30, 2022

THE CRIPPLER - I'm Just Gonna Let Myself In review


 

THE CRIPPLER - I'm Just Gonna Let Myself In

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions


OK this one wins hands down as the most hate filled album of the year. I'll get to that point later. But hey not surprising enough this is a side project from the members of Philadelphia, PA's EAT THE TURNBUCKLE. Although EAT THE TURNBUCKLE channel their violence via professional wrestling fandom and grindcore. THE CRIPPLER are more about slashers. 


Musically this is a cross between some groove laden death metal, old school grind and plenty of thrash rhythms. For me that's what I call the full fuckin package. The vocals are a mix of full on deep throat-ed aggression with harsh back ground screams. Add that to the riff package you get some cool cuts.


All in all this band puts out everything said earlier as well as some jazz touches, tech death mentions but a whole lot of in your face filth. Great stuff but I wonder how great their next album would be. 

https://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/im-just-gonna-let-myself-in


No comments: