Tuesday, December 20, 2022

SHINING WIZARD - Tournament of Death EP review


 

SHINING WIZARD - Tournament of Death EP

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions


Metal and Wrestling (aka: the SPORT OF KINGS) has worked hand in hand for decades. OK I'll give ya the hate period when the big name shows played CREED. But hey ECW played some good stuff. Be that as it may I gotta be honest. I grew up watching wrestling in the 70's. I stuck with it till the end of the 90's. And I don't give a rats ass for it anymore unless I'm feeling nostalgic and start watching old Youtube Wrestling vids.


So what we have here is a Florida punk/grind band who do remember, most likely from Youtube vids than VHS tapes, some great heals from the Sport of Kings aka: Wrestling. Some of their faves rooted through song are questionable. New Jack was a piece of shit in my not so humble opinion. The big Boss Mann was an enforcer and a horrible wrestler in the ring. And don't get me started on Scott Hall. 


Now on the other hand musically this band's second EP is a total heal (in Wrestling terms it's a bad guy). To me it's more snarling punk than metal for the most part. I wonder if they like ANTISEEN? Not that they sound like em at all. But NC's ANTISEEN like their Wrestling as well. Six songs of very cool sounding and mean punk/metal. Yeah this is the type of band I'd like to see live. 


https://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/tournament-of-death


No comments: