Tuesday, December 6, 2022

VICIOUS BLADE - Siege of Cruelty EP review


 

VICIOUS BLADE - Siege of Cruelty EP

Our Ancient Future


This is the second short form release by this Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania thrash outfit. I learned about this band because their vocalist, Clarissa Badini, also sings for the death metal act CASTRATOR. Now in all honesty I've listened to CASTRATOR's debut album, Defiled in Oblivion, which came out on Dark Descent Records this year. I was not thrilled with it. 


Then I checked this one out and was floored. What you have here is heavy handed thrash with a vocalist who can push a variety of vocal styles. Clarissa Badini can do the low growls, the harsh screams and the amazing clean vocals. The latter vocals mentioned remind me of an old hardcore influence. 


But all in all this five song EP is a full on attack of savage riffs which will remind ya of the old ways. You've got psycho soloing plus a punchy rhythm section. All in all this EP is amazing. I say forget about CASTRATOR and check this one out.

https://www.ourancientfuture.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://viciousblade.bandcamp.com/album/siege-of-cruelty


No comments: