Tuesday, November 7, 2023

AUTOPSY - Ashes, Organs, Blood and Crypts review


 

AUTOPSY - Ashes, Organs, Blood and Crypts

Peaceville Records


I'm just a sucker when it comes to old bands. I buy their stuff knowing in my heart and soul that nostalgia ain't up to stuff. Case in point AUTOPSY, look 1989's Severed Survival and 1991's Mental Funeral are amazing releases in my not so humble opinion. And probably your opinion as well if you're into extreme metal. After that I thought they got run of the mill boring. 


But then in 2011 they came out with Macabre Eternal which was really fuckin cool. I was like holy shit they are back to being badass death metal and some doom motherfuckers. But after that you got a handful of releases which just sounded like toss this shit out because it's a product of who we once were. It was AUTOPSY gone generic.


Last year the band came out with Morbidity Triumphant, their comeback after a seven year silence. That was a tried and true repeat of AUTOPSY style. I didn't like half of it and this one follows suit. The thing is when the band decides to rip into some death metal riffage they sound great. But when they slow down to do the whole death doom and sludge thing they're boring. 


There are some great moments on here like the fast blast of the second cut "Throatsaw". The sludge part which comes in on "No Mortal Left Alive" and of course "Lobotomizing Gods". But for the most part I was falling asleep to the rest of it. But hey I like the cover art. 


www.peaceville.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoKNYRrsj7s


No comments: