Wednesday, November 29, 2023

CHAINED TO THE DEAD - Discography of Debauchery


 

CHAINED TO THE DEAD - Discography of Debauchery

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions


I was born and raised in New Jersey. I grew up in Fairview, NJ in the 70s and back then if I met someone from Passaic I'd tell them I'm sorry. Yeah back then the town of Passaic was a shithole along with plenty of other places in East Jersey. So when my family split up in the late summer of 1976 I was moved to Pennsylvania and never saw Jersey again except for holiday visits. 


So here we have a band from Passaic, New Jersey. I would figure that Passaic, along with plenty of other East Jersey towns, would be fuckin gentrified as well. But hey DEATH came from the Sunshine state of Florida so go figure. This is my first time hearing New Jersey's CHAINED TO THE DEAD. Who are a death metal band. And it makes me wonder whatafuck is going on in Passaic?


Be that as it may what we have here is a compilation of the band's whole musical out-put since starting in 2014. Yep this release has every thing released by the band as far as short form releases, full lengths and previously unreleased live tracks. Musically it's death metal with a foot in old school territory. While the other foot stands in almost screamo / brutal death metal territory plus death grind and death doom. 


Musically when I say old school we're talking slightly above DEATH demo days. The riffage is about as basic as you can get. The bass exists if you listen really hard. The drum work is decent, plenty of blast beats. For me the vocals are the most interesting. This guy has a caustic pitch to his singing style which comes across as someone being slashed with razor blades. 


This compilation is 27 tracks in all and they're not all short cuts. On average most of the songs are two plus minutes or more in length. Just for the record this comp contains the band's first EP Born To Rot from 2015, the three songs they contributed to a split EP with a band called DUTCHGUTS (I missed that one). And their 2019 A Gruesome Encounter album. Add to that there's three previously unreleased live tracks to end it all. 


I honestly find this release to be a cool document from a Jersey extreme metal band. An all out full listen is not for me but in small doses (aka: ten tracks here) it's a cool blast at a time. "A Graveyard Without Corpses" should be the words underneath on the sign that says Welcome to New Jersey. Nuff Said.



https://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/discography-of-debauchery



No comments: