Saturday, November 18, 2023

RAVEN - All Hell's Breaking Loose review


 

RAVEN - All Hell's Breaking Loose

Silver Lining Music


I saw RAVEN again last year when they were doing the whole Wiped Out anniversary tour. A fuckin great show and if you decided to not go see em on that tour then I question your love of old school metal. RAVEN are the only original NWOBHM band that has stuck to their guns, never sold out or went progressive. Frankly I feel more comfortable wearing a RAVEN t-shirt then one from a peer band of their era that has become a mainstream bore.


Be that as it may RAVEN are not the same band as they were years ago. I learned that a few years back with their 2020 album, Metal City. RAVEN are more on a speed metal track then ever before. This new album is a full on showcase of that to say the least. We're talking about a high tempo, rip your head off and blow your eardrums out sonic speed attack. Respect the title of this album because that's what it's all about.


John Gallagher (bass & vocalist) is 65 but sounds half that age. I mean he's pushing out some hell bent screams. Younger brother Mark Gallagher (guitars) is 63 and has always been a king at coming up with good riffs as well as fiery guitar solos. On here he's a fuckin maniac and I always thought he reserved that for shows. Finally the youngster Mike Heller, who's 41 and has been with RAVEN since 2018, and he's an amazing drummer.


Look I love early RAVEN the most but this album is superb. I wasn't expecting a master class in 80's speed metal from these guys at all. I figure it would be Metal City plus one. But instead its a plus eleven. Along with the speed there's plenty of melodic cuts should be on the fuckin radio if AOR radio was cool but it ain't. All in all this is just fuckin amazing. Cheers to the Gallagher brothers, who are slightly older than me.     


http://sl-music.net/en/

LISTEN HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE0FE9-O7Ek


No comments: