Wednesday, October 2, 2024

BOTTOMLESS / WITCHING ALTAR - Graveyard Thunder Split review



BOTTOMLESS / WITCHING ALTAR - Graveyard Thunder Split

Dying Victims Productions


Well this is a cool release to blast in October to say the least. Obviously the title of this split speaks for itself. So what we have here are two doom bands, one from Italy and the other from Brazil. I've never heard Brazil's WITCHING ALTAR but I do know about Italy's BOTTOMLESS. They had a cool full length from 2023 called The Banishing. 


So starting with the three BOTTOMLESS tracks this three piece act, who started out in 2021, continues on with their love of 70's not so hard rock but yeah early PENTAGRAM is in their doom influence along with some psych. I like this band a lot. The guitar soloing is fantastic. "Shadows Call" is my favorite track of their three. As I said in my last review they need to put out a new full length which would be killer. The vocals are so subtle as well as hypnotic. 


Next up from Brazil we've got a two piece act WITCHING ALTAR who've been around since 2013. So their three song contribution on here is kinda rocking and upbeat as far as Doom goes. Ya got some chugging riffs, clean (and psycho) vocals plus a stoner rock and crushing doom approach which definitely screams SAINT VITUS. "Silence at the Cross" is my favorite track by em on here. 


As always when it come to a split release it's like a wrestling match to me. This time it was so close because WITCHING ALTAR's epic sundown sound is so inviting. I have to say BOTTOMLESS wins in my not so humble opinion. They just have this cool sound which reminds me of better things from my past. So there you go.  


https://dying-victims.de/

LISTEN HERE: 

https://dyingvictimsproductions.bandcamp.com/album/graveyard-thunder









 

No comments: