Friday, October 4, 2024

FERAL - To Usurp The Thrones review

 


FERAL - To Usurp The Thrones

Transcending Obscurity Records


So in 2023 FERAL and CRAWL, both Swedish bands, had a split release on Transcending Obscurity Records and it was fucking amazing to say the least. Both of these bands were taking the old school DISMEMBER Swede death metal sound and combining some crunchy plus insane hardcore elements. To me this was a sound and style which DISFEAR tried to get but they were still too much into melo-deth. Their first album was good but the rest was OK.


So CRAWL already released a full length this year which I think is so fucking kick ass that nothing can hold a candle to it. But now we have FERAL's fourth full length since starting out in 2007. Let me tell ya when I first blasted this one there was almost a disaster here in my office. I've got all of these decorative glasses, mugs and what-not I've collected over the years on some shelves. And when this release was playing those glasses were ready to fall off the shelves. 


FERAL are a five piece brutal and ferocious beast of modern day Swedish DM. They are the equivalent to those wolf skin viking berserkers who came out to battle. Which is why musically this is a beast of an album. I give props to vocalist David Nilsson for his roar of a voice. Guitarists Sebastian Lejon and Markus Lindahl deliver a chug fest of riffage and electrified solos. Add in the drumming intensity of Roger Markstrom I mean this guy battles the fuckin riffs. And then you have the thunder bass work of Viktor Klingstedt. I mean hell yeah this line-up creates the fucking head-banging, slam pit insanity. 


The bottom line here is that musically FERAL want to tear you to shreds, eat what they feel like and leave a fetid carcass around for all the world to see and fear. Hell yeah I like that and so should you.  


https://tometal.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://feralsweden.bandcamp.com/album/to-usurp-the-thrones












'




No comments: