Monday, October 7, 2024

PAGANIZER - Flesh Requiem review


 

PAGANIZER - Flesh Requiem

Transcending Obscurity Records


So in my not so humble opinion (and I've said this before) Rogga Johansson is the hardest working metal musician in Sweden. Whether he's in PAGANIZER as vocalist & guitarist or the countless other bands he's in and his solo stuff (that Otherworld album he did this year is killer as fuck). The guy is a fuckin maniac when it comes to creating extreme metal. So for me I was introduced to his greatness with the 2009 PAGANIZER full length Scandinavian Warmachine. I've been a fan (actually a fanatic) ever since. 


So hey who wants to read an unbiased music review? Yeah I know that's a joke. So let me just start by saying there's a thing I call the Trident of Swedish Death Metal. The Trident's prongs represent ENTOMBED, GRAVE and DISMEMBER. Now I once said that the Trident was passed onto Rogga Johansson to carry on with this great style of Death Metal. Nowadays I think Rogga just grabbed it and said I'm taking this then he ran with it. 


So with that said my favorite Rogga Johansson band is always going to be PAGANIZER and damm this latest one is kick fuckin ass to say the least. I think Flesh Requiem is number thirteen as far as full lengths go. And when you blast this one it feels brand fuckin new. I'm serious Rogga and company just went crazy on this one. Whether it's the punishing opener "Life of Decay", the amazing "Viking Supremacy" or the cool as fuck later track "Just Another Doomsday". Hell fuckin yeah this is great Swedish Death Metal. 


Once again it's obvious why Rogga Johansson (vocals & guitars) with this version of PAGANIZER kicks fuckin ass. Rogga has got the killer line-up of bassist Martin Klasen, drummer Matthias Fiebig and guitarist Kjetil Lynghaug. These guys have been with him for almost a decade of destruction. So yeah this is a fuckin amazing Death Metal album. Which makes me wonder how bias am I when listening to this I just wanna run though walls. PAGANIZER still fuckin rules. 


https://tometal.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://paganizer.bandcamp.com/album/flesh-requiem




No comments: