Friday, February 8, 2019

INSANITY ALERT - 666-Pack review



INSANITY ALERT - 666-Pack 

Season Of Mist




When it comes to thrash I've always been more into the evil sounding violent stuff. Hey that's just me but anyway I've been known to like some fun sounding or shall we call it party thrash. I mean it does have it's merits. So when I saw this release, looked at the songs and of course it's title and my first thought was how did MUNICIPAL WASTE miss that one. I mean come on, 666 Pack, that's right up their alley.


Be that as it may here we have the third full length by this Austrian thrash / crossover act. That latter genre point, aka: crossover, is significant because of the band's punk / hardcore influences which are all over the place. There are 21 cuts on here by the way most of which are short sharp blasts of angst ridden, wannabe MUNICIPAL WASTE anthems.


Alright that last part about them being WASTE-oids is pushing it. Actually on here INSANITY ALERT do show diversity. First off they have a thoughtful side, "“The Body Of The Christ Is The Parasite” and "Chronic State of Hate". They have a sense of humor by including parody songs like “Stop! Slammertime” or “Saturday Grind Fever”. Oh yeah and they like to drink, "Why So Beerious?" and mosh "Mosh Mosh Mosh".The band does cover their bases. Maybe if I was a teenager I'd like it more. Ah no. But hey the new kids on the block will like it.


http://www.season-of-mist.com/

https://insanityalert.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/insanityalert


No comments: