Friday, April 12, 2019

FRENZY - Blind Justice review



FRENZY - Blind Justice

Underground Power Records




Aside from the fact this band mixes their love of metal with their love of comics. Despite the fact that the album title and cover art is a direct homage to Marvel Comic's Daredevil character. Despite the fact that it's 2019 and playing 80's era heavy metal is cool but you really can't bring anything new to the table because we only wanna hear and see nostalgia acts. Yes despite all of that I have to say damm does the singer of this band sound a lot like Klaus Meine of the SCORPIONS or what? 


FRENZY are a five piece heavy metal from Spain. The band started out in 2014. Since then they've released a five song EP, Lethal Protector, in 2016. Now here we are with this their debut full length. The best I can say of this is that at least these guys are influenced by the musical basics of 80's metal and not the flashy stuff. Now when I say basics I mean decent powerful riffs and some melody. Toss in plenty of twin guitar action, dynamic lead work and of course a great vocalist.


Anthony Stephen is an exceptional vocalist and perfect for this style of metal. Yes he sometimes sounds like Klaus Meine then again there are times he reminds me of Don Dokken or Rob Halford. The guy has the gift. And this band also have the gift of song craft. Of the eleven cuts on here not one is a dud. This band has tapped into a vein of coolness as if they stepped out of a time machine. Bias alert, I was in my twenties in the 80's so of course I love this. Which is why I consider this one of the best releases of 2019.



https://www.underground-power.de/

https://frenzymetal.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/frenzymetal


No comments: