Monday, December 20, 2021

COUNT RAVEN – The Sixth Storm review


 

COUNT RAVEN – The Sixth Storm

I Hate Records 


Ironically I was listening to some older COUNT RAVEN albums in November, the month of doom. I've always like these Ozzy era SABBATH humpers from Sweden. But hey that was when they had Christian Linderson on vocals. Now once he left to do other stuff, which included singing for SAINT VITUS on one album and starting LORD VICAR, I kinda lost interest with the band. 


So here we are with another album from a band who hasn't released anything in over a decade. That seems to be a pattern for this year. But anyways if I wanna blast some SAB - 4 era humpers from Sweden then here it's gonna be. Personally I was not into the previous releases when guitarist Dan Fondelius took over on vocals. But on this album he sounds damm good. 


The Sixth Storm, which is the bands first album since 2009's Mammons War, is a fun release. It's like a cool SABBATH worshiping good time to blast while you're in the back yard working or partying with friends. In a way it's kinda dark and doomy than previous efforts. I mean at this point in the game what do you have left in your arsenal? 


For me the band is at their best when they introduce something different / original into their SABBATH-ian love. On here it's when they add some keyboard accents, take a Volume Four SABBATH standard and twist it or even a vocal alignment that's different. Now if you think I'm bias about COUNT RAVEN well you're right I am. I mean if you're gonna do an eleven minute song dedicated to Oden, I'm on your side so nuff said. 


http://www.ihate.se/

LISTEN HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MId4uiQu7bc


No comments: