Friday, December 31, 2021

UNLEASHED - No Sign of Life review


 

UNLEASHED - No Sign of Life

Napalm Records


So this is the fourteenth full length by Swedish death metal veterans UNLEASHED. Something else which is noteworthy, this line-up has lasted since 1995. That's not shabby if you ask me. Now I have to openly admit my bias. I'm a big fan of these Swedes. How big a fan you ask? Well I think all of their full lengths are good with a few I'd call fucking great. Also their last one, The Hunt for White Christ, from 2018 was amazing. 


So obviously to me at least UNLEASHED are in no way showing signs of letting up. And here we are in 2021 with their latest which I'm very happy with. First off I like how the title of this one, No Sign of Life, gives a thirty year salute to the band's debut Where No Life Dwells from 1991. Next up the cover art is magnificent.


Of course most important is the music. So on here as with recent past releases by the band their overall sound is generally a mixture of aggressive Swede Death with a touch of melody and some added death n roll. All in all it's just one of those amazing listen releases. Johnny Hedlund always found ways to keep UNLEASHED sounding relevant as opposed to his three other Swedish DM peers. 

 

https://napalmrecords.com/deutsch/

LISTEN HERE:

https://unleashed.bandcamp.com/


No comments: