Friday, December 1, 2023

AROMA - Adenocarcinoma EP review


 

AROMA - Adenocarcinoma EP

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions


So do you have ten minutes to kill? Now I don't mean that literally just in case you're a knife wielding maniac reading this and thinking "well as a matter of fact I do." I'm talking time-wise since this EP is six songs under ten minutes. 


The tagline here is goregrind and yeah OK but I bet these guys love some Chris Barnes era CANNIBAL CORPSE. And frankly who doesn't? But anyways AROMA are a four piece band who are from Philadelphia, PA. That's a place which for decades now I've lovingly referred to as Filthadelphia or Hostile City, USA. 


As for this their debut release well, like I mentioned earlier it's six songs, and full on putrid filth and brutality. Musically it emanates from the primitive bowels of brutal death metal and grind. There are times when I believe the drummer is hitting an empty beer can instead of a snare drum. Yeah they're from Philly.


All in all the music does gets better from song one "Aromatic Scent of Instant Death" to the sixth cut "Reluctant Inhalation of Rancid Aerosolized Piss". That's called progression people. Now that's not saying much but with this style of extreme music you've gotta be a dedicated fan. 


I mean brutal DM / goregrind is the basement of the underground. Hell maybe below that which would mean the sewers. Be that as it may I always get a kick out of this style of extreme music. And with that said I've learned which bands are dedicated scumbags and which ones are just genre jumping posers. 


AROMA are scumbags and I mean that in the best way. And if you like this one, which ya should, then they also have an independent split release out with a similar style band called TORTURE PIG from Michigan. Hopefully HPGD can release that one as well.  


https://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/adenocarcinoma


No comments: