Friday, December 22, 2023

LORD MOUNTAIN - The Oath review


 

LORD MOUNTAIN - The Oath

King Volume Records


As I've gotten older I sometimes equate my favorite music in the same vein as comfort food. Sure it's not fancy or dazzling but you're familiar with it. And obviously it makes ya feel good. So with that said here we have LORD MOUNTAIN a four piece doom / traditional metal act from Santa Rosa, California. This is the band's debut full length since starting out in 2014. If you're a classic doom metal fan then this is your comfort food.


Of the eight cuts on here (actually seven with one being a short instrumental) you've got mostly mid-paced songs with a few rockers. The vocals come across like a youthful Ozzy. The songs are all about mystical realms and sword / shield carrying fantasy. The riffs are not crushing and the guitar soloing is damm good. I like the real audible bass lines. I think the songs on here just have a great inviting tempo which is what you want with doom / traditional metal. 


I know others will name drop the classic doom heritage artists of the past in order to describe this one. But for me I think of GATES OF SLUMBER, PAGAN ALTAR and LORD VICAR as references. LORD MOUNTAIN fails into those ranks because they remind ya of the past, the band definitely shows talent as well as conviction to the source material. And of course their future is bright so I look forward to following this band's career. 



LISTEN TO & BUY HERE:

https://lordmountain1.bandcamp.com/album/the-oath




No comments: