Thursday, December 7, 2023

BUNKER 66 - Portraits of Dismay compilation review


 

BUNKER 66 - Portraits of Dismay compilation

Dying Victims Productions


I've said it before but it needs repeating. When it comes to thrash I like it blackened and raw. Sure early on I loved SLAYER but once I got into DESTRUCTION and a bunch of other acts well the dye was set. BUNKER 66, who hail from Italy, are a band who embody blackened thrash very well. 


I think one time I called BUNKER 66 the bastard sons of BULLDOZER. Now personally I believe BULLDOZER is the best thrash band of all time from Italy and if you disagree I'll probably punch you in the face. BUNKER 66 are basically continuing a great legacy of blackened thrash from the great nation of Italy period end of story. 


Now as far as blackened thrash goes yeah there's a modern day generic take whether it's from England, Japan, South America or Mexico. There's really generic stuff coming from other places which sound boring. And sure as shit I've mentioned em. But ya gotta love this release. Sound-wise it's got that speed metal / punk vibe. Add in some influences like MOTORHEAD, DESTROYER 666 and obviously BULLDOZER. 


As mentioned in the title this is a compilation of the band's short form released songs. Yeah screw the Ebay collector scum. Fans really love these types of releases. Because it's all about the music and not the selfish attitude. So here's another mandatory release by BUNKER 66, period end of story.  


https://dying-victims.de/

LISTEN HERE:

https://dyingvictimsproductions.bandcamp.com/album/portraits-of-dismay




No comments: