Sunday, June 23, 2019

LORD GORE - The Resickened Orgy review



LORD GORE - The Resickened Orgy

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions




So no shit there I was in bed after fucking this chick. She's up going through my CD stacks looking for some other music to play. She sees one and says; "Oh my god you like IMPETIGO? They're really fucking offensive." So I tell her, "(name withheld) you're half naked in my bedroom wearing a CANNIBAL CORPSE shirt you got tonight (for free by the way) at the show and you wanna judge? Pick a damm CD and get back into bed!"


I mention IMPETIGO because LORD GORE are one of a small sick horde of acts who I refer to as The Children of IMPETIGO. For those of you who are out of the loop. LORD GORE are the sickest thing to ever come out of Portland, Oregon and that was the late 1990's. They did put out a couple of cool full lengths in the early 2000's much to many people's disgust. This release here is a double CD compilation of those first two albums (The Autophagous Orgy from 2002 and Resickened from 2004). Personally I believe this really needed to be put out.


I've always liked LORD GORE's second album better because there's some cool thrashy / hardcore cuts that mix in with their gore-grind approach. Their first album was total IMPETIGO homage which is not a bad thing at all. The first album has more soundbites in-between songs where as the second album is the band coming into their own set of filth. To me it's great music. If you're listening to this release and do not have a sick grin on your face then YOU HAVE A PROBLEM and you're probably lonely. 


http://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/the-resickened-orgy

https://www.facebook.com/RESICKENED/




No comments: