Thursday, August 8, 2019

BURIAL REMAINS - Trinity of Deception review



BURIAL REMAINS - Trinity of Deception

Transcending Obscurity Records




For all of you readers of SFM666, and frankly who isn't, you know my love of Dutch death metal. Basically it's all because of my Dutch heritage (I'm also Irish and German on my mother's side). Some years ago I decided to collect every thing there was about death metal from Holland. Let's be honest here, as far as extreme metal goes it's death metal which is that nation's biggest export. 


Now I've got all the releases by the big names as well as a few unknowns. But the thing I tout the most is owning the complete discography of PROSTITUTE DISFIGUREMENT because I know it pisses off the PC hipsters. About a year ago I posted something by PROSTITUTE DISFIGUREMENT on Facebook and this musician who's in a band local hiptards like commented like this, "Only a horrible human being would like a band like this. I can't believe you're one of my Facebook friends." He deleted me not soon after. Oh well?


So here we have some new Dutch death metal and it's killer as fuck! BURIAL REMAINS are a four piece act consisting of some extreme scene veterans. Their singer, Sven Gross, was in FLESHCRAWL. Two band members were in DIMAEON (and I'm glad they left). Two guys were/are in GRIM FATE, who have a split release out this year. And one member of this band was/is in the brutal Dutch death metal act SOAKING IN ENTRAILS and I have their 3 song demo. Yeah I know touch me I'm sick. 


Musically this is totally old school crunchy guitar sounding beat people up type of death metal. The style leans more towards (sorry) a mix of GRAVE and VADER territory. Nothing wrong with that mind you. The vocals are in a total deep bark mode with an accent at times on the hiss. You've got some powerful riffs that make you clinch your fists to. The drum work is good for straight up headbanging plus the fills are over the top. Song structures push things towards a more thrash style until the break downs kick in with some atmospheric touches. Once again lets hit VADER up for that influence. Trinity of Deception is this band's debut full length with seven cuts. At around twenty five minutes it's a fast play leaving no room for filler. That's a good thing. 


https://tometal.com/

https://burialremains.bandcamp.com/album/trinity-of-deception-death-metal

https://www.facebook.com/burialremains/


No comments: