Monday, August 19, 2019

ELBOW DEEP - Bodily Fluids review



ELBOW DEEP - Bodily Fluids

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions




Some band names you never forget like this act from Chicago, Illinois. I was first introduced to ELBOW DEEP a few years ago with their debut full length Sexually Offensive. Seriously if your album cover art displays a Transformer (you know those cartoon/movie robots who turn into various vehicles) fucking a kiddie car (with kids riding in it) at the park while parents look on in horror. It's gotta be something worth checking out. 


Musically the band was like The MENTORS meets IMPETIGO. It was not an unusual combination but definitely a win in my sicko department of extreme. A year later, to my amazement, they did a split release with The MENTORS (Sickie Wifebeater and Dr. Heathen Scum's revived version). Now a year later we have this their second full length. 


I can't say much has changed with this band but then again you're not expecting progression with this style of music. It's still lyrically sick and twisted death metal with plenty of added moments of grind, thrash and a touch of doom. While the easily offended crowd will look at this with disgust. I on the other hand weigh it's value via the humor content. It also reminds me of a metal version of an old band I'd seen years ago called STOOL SAMPLE. I've still got their 7"er "Suck My Dick While I Take A Shit". 


If you wanna take the ELBOW DEEP plunge then you'll be covered in bile with the likes of "Afterbirth Slip-N-Slide" or all thirty six seconds of "Shit in My Mouth and I'll Puke It All Out All over Your Face". Another favorite of mine here is "Curdled Preteen Breastmilk Smoothie" which in all honesty did invoke some gagging. And of course what I'd call the crack bum anthem "I Shat When I Came". Naturally music like this does contain various sound-bites all of which are hilarious. 


In a way listening to this reminds me of days long passed when I'd go to K-Mart on weekends wearing a G.G. ALLIN shirt with the words "Suck My Ass It Smells" written on back. I'd be in their with friends picking up some staples for a cookout or the house. Plus to pick up the Saturday night party essentials as in a gallon of Crisco oil, three heads of iceberg lettuce, a pack of blank VHS tapes and the small plastic kiddie pool. I loved the looks the ladies at the check out counter gave us. Priceless! 


http://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/bodily-fluids

https://www.facebook.com/elbowdeepofficial/


No comments: