Thursday, October 21, 2021

ETERITUS - Rotten Transition review


 

ETERITUS - Rotten Transition

Godz Ov War Productions


Personally I like my Polish Death Metal to be brutal and uncompromising. ETERITUS, who started out in 2013, are with this their third full length not that way at all. Instead sound-wise they look towards the old school shores of Sweden for musical inspiration. Sorry guys but that intro was a dead giveaway to what I was about to hear.


ETERITUS are not the first Polish band that I've heard which has looked elsewhere for extreme influences and probably not the last. Musically they're definitely running the gambit of melodic death (minus the MAIDEN influences), thrash and some doom. Better yet they're making it their own sound which is the only reason I'd write about em.  


There are two highlights to this album. First off all of the songs on here are damm cool. I mean these guys can write some killer music which really grabs hold of ya and never lets go. The song structures have plenty of variety. Great riffs and tasty soloing that just flows along a saw's ragged blade. 


The second highlight is vocalist Oz Villarruel Gomez. This guy is amazing whether he's doing guttural style vocals or insane screams. When this release is blasting I can picture him in front of me screaming in my face. ETERITUS is the type of band you'd wanna see on the stage at Wacken. Thousands of people going crazy for their music. 


http://godzovwar.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://godzovwarproductions.bandcamp.com/album/rotten-transition


No comments: