Tuesday, March 29, 2022

ANTISJW - The Age of Ignorance EP review


 

ANTISJW - The Age of Ignorance EP

Self Released


Throughout my lifetime I've seen and heard musicians/artists/bands who have written music that goes against the status quo. Obviously these performers are trying to convey a message. Sometimes it's in a thoughtful way. Other times it can be looked at as a comedic way because satire is one of the best forms we have as a free society to push a message that's true as well as being laughable.


This ain't my first time writing about ANTISJW. I think this is the third. But anyways an artist who gets banned from other platforms seems to find a home with me. Plus I like his vocals and his subject matter is kinda funny. I mean there's the song "Banned from Bandcamp". How the fuck do you get banned from Bandcamp? Some of the most vile Gore Grind bands I've written about are on Bandcamp. And it's not like the artist behind ANTISJW is a nazi or a jihadi. 


Another song on here is about Jon Schaffer of ICED EARTH and his actions which made political news. Now whether you agree with what Schaffer did or not here's my take. Jon Shaffer has more balls than Dee Snyder or Howard Stern, period end of story. Now this song does go into some assumptions about what Shaffer did but I'll let that slide. The song just tells the tale.


I think the cut "The Portland Pooper" is my favorite one on here mainly because of the late 60's rock vibe is gives off in the song structure. Plus a cool psych wah wah pedal guitar solo helps. Then again let's get it right here. This is fuckin Punk Rock. It's probably Punk that you missed because you're programmed to think only "certain things" are Punk.


Attacking the status quo again is "Burn Loot & Murder" and ode to the truth behind the 2020 Summer of not Love but riots. Truth to Power is the vibe here. The last song on here is an ode to R. Kelly and not a good one. Be that as it may, and I don't no shit about Hip Hop artists, it's a cool song with a ending psych vibe.


In the end there's a couple of things to say. First off I wish this guy would put out a compilation with all of his EPs. Two, this artist might not fall into what I call on this blog as Extreme Music. But it is extreme in the fact that I do this blog regardless of what other's think and this artist does the same. And third, hey I like this guy's vocals. Nuff Said.


LISTEN HERE:

https://soundcloud.com/user-820745104/01-an-historical-intro-final?in=user-820745104/sets/the-age-of-ignorance



No comments: