Monday, March 21, 2022

ENCOFFINATION / ROTTING KINGDOM - Wretched Enigma of Salvation Split CD review


 

ENCOFFINATION / ROTTING KINGDOM - Wretched Enigma of Salvation Split CD

Selfmadegod Records


Well this was a rare treat since I like both bands on this split. I've got a couple of releases by both bands. And I've said some great things about these bands in the past. 


I got into ENCOFFINATION, from Atlanta, GA, quite a few years ago and became a huge fan. The musicians in ENCOFFINATION have also played in many other bands I like. As far as ROTTING KINGDOM, from Lexington, KY, go I learned about them a few years back and thought they were fuckin amazing. 


So what we have here is a split by two cool US death doom acts contributing two cuts each. First off ROTTING KINGDOM's two cuts show off their love of early English death doom. But they punch it to a personal level. They are great being heavy and downright ferocious. Then their melodic side comes in with so much atmosphere and guitar soloing that you get taken on a ride. I love what this band does here as well as their past stuff.


Then there's ENCOFFINATION who on here are pure old school US style death doom. Their two cuts are hostile filth set to a slow abusive pace. I like the first cut. "Gloriously Decomposed". Their second cut, "Agonal Soul", is decent. Given that I'd say that I like the ROTTING KINGDOM side better. 



https://selfmadegod.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://selfmadegod.bandcamp.com/album/wretched-enigma-of-salvation


No comments: