Monday, March 21, 2022

GORGED AFTERBIRTH -Got Gore? review


 

GORGED AFTERBIRTH -Got Gore?

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions


Here's a new band, well new to me, out of the great state of Pennsylvania. They're angry, pissed off and down right filthy. I can understand that since decades ago when I lived in Pennsylvania it was drugs, alcohol, sex and raising hell which I was all about. Of course I wasn't listening to this type of stuff but hey.


What we have here is pure gore grind with touches of death n roll. GORGED AFTERBIRTH actually started out in 2007. Since then they put out a full length, Gorged Afterbirth, in 2009. Plus they're on a split release, Sadistic Acts of Depravity, with three other bands which came out in 2013. That was it for a long time until now with this full length.


Since I'm a fan of Gore Grind, and frankly who isn't, you tend to expect something generic which leaves you with just a sick grin on your face and a sore neck from headbanging. That's not the case with GORGED AFTERBIRTH. Now I'm not going to say this band raises the ceiling as far as the sub genre goes. That would be stupid. But what GORGED AFTERBIRTH do is make this album really fucking interesting. 


First off the vocalist is damm good with his varied styles of extreme vocals. Next up are the riffs being presented which are freakishly insane in speed and a bit on the technical side. The drumwork is usual tupper-ware sounding but at times speed worthy. Add to that the inbetween song sound bites are enjoyable.


The bottom line for me is that I really enjoyed blasting this album after 3 AM on multiple nights. 


https://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/got-gore


No comments: