Monday, March 28, 2022

COME MIERDA - Demo 2021 review


 

COME MIERDA - Demo 2021

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions 


I feel like I'm checking out a new 7"er from 1990 or some time around then for the old Scumfeast print version zine. Good times, yeah forty words maximum for a seven inch release review because of space limitations. A hundred words for an LP/CD review but with some leeway. Print media/Fanzines must be looked at now as ancient times.


Anyways here we have a punk/hardcore act from, according to their PR info, "the mean streets of New Jersey". Well they can't be from the part of Jersey I grew up in because that's all been gentrified. So if I were to guess I'd say COME MIERDA are from Camden, NJ which is a shit hole across the river from Philly, PA. 


By the way COME MIERDA is Spanish for "Shit Eater". That's one of many other derogatory words I know from working with Hispanics over the decades. But anyways musically this is full on noisy insane style hardcore meets grind. It kinda reminds me of some stuff from Japan. I mean psychotic vocals, chaotic riffs and tupper-ware drum snare sounds.


In a way I like this and believe the five cuts on this release just don't do em justice. Maybe next time they'll do a 12"er with ten songs on it. But anyways COME MIERDA come off as something circa West Coast HC circa 1989. That's around the time bands started getting chaotic enough and got to grind. Then again there's that Japanese fast core stuff style to be aware of. In the end it's good. 


https://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/demo-2021


No comments: