Sunday, March 13, 2022

NOISECULT - Seraphic Wizard review


 

NOISECULT - Seraphic Wizard

Metal Assault Records


This release came in under the pretense of being stoner rock. I was like cool, pass the bong I think I'm Ozzy. Then after hearing a couple of songs I was like forget the bong, pass me the Jim Beam. So NOISECULT is a four piece act that hails from Nashville, Tennessee. I've got a younger brother who lives there. I sent him a message asking about this band. 


But anyways after a few listens I really like this band. I can imagine em pulling up to a club, all four band members on Harleys followed by a pick up truck with a Uhaul trailer full of their equipment. Yeah there needs to be a video of that. I mean look at these guys. 


The audience of some out of the way club, like one I worked at years ago, would think oh cool they're gonna be Southern Rock but instead it's Southern SABBATH. And yeah it's that and also a cool dose of 80's metal. NOISECULT can do the whole SAB 4 thing well but add some MAIDEN-esque touches on a cut or two. 


For me it's what this band does not do which is what I like. I know that sounds crazy (it might be the Jim Beam) but bare with me. The guitarist has a Iomni style but is not a copycat. The vocals come off as whiskey soaked. The rhythm section is total Master of Reality in sync. Yeah in the end this is damm good.



https://metalassaultrecords.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://noisecult.bandcamp.com/album/seraphic-wizard

No comments: