Monday, March 28, 2022

WACHT - La rumur dal destin EP review


 

WACHT - La rumur dal destin EP

BergStolz Production


I say this a lot. I am not an metal expert in fact I despise people who call themselves metal experts. There will always be a band/artist who is either new or old that we're just now learning about. So in a way I'm an explorer looking for new and cool music. 


Case in point here we have WACHT a Swiss black metal act that's been around since 2006. Their first release was a five song demo in 2007. Since then the band has been fairly prolific as to putting out a variety of releases be they demos, split releases, EPs and compilations of that material plus four full lengths. 


What we have here is an eight song EP. You have seven originals and the final cut is a cover of a song from another Swiss BM act ZANGENTOD. Now musically WACHT has a sound that's controlled BM chaos with a singer who comes across as being literally tortured. I kinda feel for the guy and I'm a cold hearted SOB.


How cold hearted you may ask? Well for example tonight at work I complained why some things were not taken care of during the day. And the answer I got was that the employee who was supposed to do it died. So my answer to that was well at least he had a good excuse for not coming to work.


Now as far as this band goes yeah painful vocals, tortured vocals which made me afraid to blast this release because the fuckin neighbors would call the damm cops on me again. But anyways when I say the band's sound is "controlled BM chaos". I mean there's a pattern of BM style you know plus the band throws in these twisted patterns. Some times it's the drum work and other times it's the disjointed riff sagas. 


All in all WACHT's latest release is interesting to say the least. It has an uncanny quality that draws you in just for it's pure explosive and chaotic nature. This is black metal insanity at it's best. Not only do you need to check this out but I need to go into this band's back catalog. 


http://www.bergstolz.ch/

LISTEN HERE:

https://wacht.bandcamp.com/album/la-rumur-dal-destin


No comments: