Monday, March 28, 2022

HIV - The Bright Side Of Everything



HIV - The Bright Side Of Everything

Selfmadegod Records


OK so their name is HIV. They're from Poland and are a three piece grindcore act. Need I say more? Well I guess I should. This is the second full length from HIV. Their debut, Stay Positive, came out in 2019. Just for the record their album titles are a tongue in cheek joke. As well as their song titles but more on that later. 


HIV is made up of a drummer from NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST, a guitarist SACROFUCK and their bassist who also does most of the lead vocals was once in PUTRID EVIL and WITCHFUCK. If you're familiar with those acts, and frankly who isn't, then you know what you're in for here. 


Musically I like what this band is doing but they don't give me enough. There's eighteen cuts on here with a sixteen minute run time. And if you thought the album title might be tongue in cheek well the song titles are as well. 


Now I love grindcore and I'm not a snob about it. I'm more a fan of the early stuff and style. I do like some music from the newer innovators but to a point. What's going on with this band is something I'd call Grind 101. This is really simplistic stuff. 


There are some cuts, ones that last more than a minute, which are cool. Other times there's songs which have a great build up but then die too fast. In the end I think it's a decent release.



https://selfmadegod.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://selfmadegod.bandcamp.com/album/the-bright-side-of-everything

 

No comments: