Sunday, February 18, 2024

FEED THE CORPSES TO THE PIGS - Anthology review


 

FEED THE CORPSES TO THE PIGS - Anthology

Horror Pain Gore Death Productions


Back in 2021 I checked out this Albuquerque, New Mexico band's debut full length This Insidious Horror. That also came out on this label. Now back then I might've joked about the band having a guest musician of some past fame playing guitar on one of their tracks. Overall I thought they didn't need him because the music by this four piece act was good on it's own. We're talking about a good mix of early to modern sounding grindcore with doses of other extreme metal influences. 


I was also looking forward to hearing something new by this band. But this is not it. Actually this is the band's 2019 self released EP which Horror Pain Gore Death Productions has reissued. Now what ya have here are eight tracks by the band but there's a twist. This is basically a concept EP containing two stories. Once I learned that then the second time listening to it put things in a different perspective. 


Now just for the record the two stories are Corpselights and Eternal Servitude. The first story Corpselights is about a serial killer who is trying to stop the corpse lights of his victims from haunting him. In all honesty I've never heard the term "corpse lights". I'm thinking it means ghosts. The second story Eternal Servitude is about a teenager out for revenge. I might be old now but looking back upon my younger days I can relate to that. Of course after this I had to go back to their full length and reevaluate the songs on that one. Someone call KING DIAMOND because we've got a grindcore act doing horror stories.


But as always what matter most to me is the music. So while listening to this I can say that the band definitely progressed on their debut from this release. They're still in with their formula of grind with additions of death & black metal influences. I think there's more hardcore influence on here as opposed to their debut full length. But with that said it's not four guys making a racket. There's song craft going on here which jumps out at you. All of which makes me really want to hear some new stuff by this band. I mean look at these guys. do they look like they're bullshitting? 


https://www.horrorpaingoredeath.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://hpgd.bandcamp.com/album/anthology



No comments: