Saturday, February 17, 2024

LADY BEAST - Lady Beast II reissue


 

LADY BEAST - Lady Beast II reissue

Dying Victims Productions


I've been praising the sounds of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's LADY BEAST for a while now. I have this release on CD plus the others that followed. I'm talking about 2017's Vicious Breed and 2020's The Vulture's Amulet. I hate using the term "underrated" so I'll just say that this US metal band not being on top is fucking criminal. Seriously I don't know why they're not HUGE. 


So I'm not going to talk about their newer releases. It's all about this reissue of the band's second full length which a huge thanks goes to Dying Victims Productions. OK so as the band name suggests yes the singer is a woman. Her name is Deborah Levine and her vocal style is part sultry and part powerful. She's not trying scream her head off or do any other cliche vocal style. That's what I like about her.


Add to that the music being produced is NWOBHM style with a few MAIDEN -esque hooks to say the least. The guitar work on here is fun and worth blasting especially when Deborah Levine dives in. Overall it's great to see this release being put out again for people who missed out on it the first time. 


LADY BEAST needs your support if not recognition as great American metal.  

https://dying-victims.de/

LISTEN HERE:

https://dyingvictimsproductions.bandcamp.com/album/lady-beast-ii


No comments: