Sunday, March 24, 2024

CRITICAL DEFIANCE - The Search Won't Fall​ review


 

CRITICAL DEFIANCE - The Search Won't Fall​

Unspeakable Axe Records


I love the tagline on this which says "violent thrash from Chile". Well duh, isn't thrash supposed to be violent? I hate happy thrash! I hate these bands with their caps on backwards with the brims straight acting thrash therefore I am. Fuck You Posers! Give me violence and hatred in my thrash and that's what we have here. 


Just from the onset of this album, the band's third since starting out in 2010, you can hear the force of anger in the vocals. Add to that there's some pretty cool rhythm section feats going on. I know most people go straight for the riffs. But in thrash I wanna hear how the bass and drum work fill out. And when it comes to that bassist Ignacio Arevalo and drummer Rodrigo Poblete are damm good. 


Next up is vocalist Felipe Alvarado who has a harsh, aggro vocal style which rules. Add to that there's some good aggressive riff action from guitarists Mauricio Toledo and Nicolas Young. The dive bomb soloing from Nicolas Young is also cool. All of that is a combination of great thrash for 2024. 


So yeah CRITICAL DEFIANCE kick fuckin ass with their aggressive style which is mainly pounding riffs and a slightly blackened touch. Hey I like that a lot. So violent thrash from Chile yeah I like it a lot. But how about great fuckin thrash from Chile. Or better yet how about some of the best thrash you will here in 2024? I think so.  


https://unspeakableaxerecords.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://criticaldefiance.bandcamp.com/album/the-search-won-t-fall



No comments: