Saturday, March 2, 2024

DRUNK THRASHER - Raining Vomit EP review



DRUNK THRASHER - Raining Vomit EP

Godz ov War Productions


Back in 2022 this Polish one man act self released this EP on vinyl with a very limited run. Fast forward a few years and Godz ov War Productions took the original four songs from that release. Then they added a newer song from 2023 and here you have a sort of debut. 


Now let me be honest with ya. With a name like DRUNK THRASHER and your release is titled Raining Vomit well of course I have to check it out. Now after listening to it I'll tell ya this comes across as really low-fi blackened speed metal. But in a way that's kinda cool. 


The one man behind this is the Drunk Thrasher (aka: Piotr Palej) who's responsible for the usual all the instruments and vocals thing. Actually as far as the music goes I can only hear the guitars and drums. But hey I like Piotr's vicious black metal style vocals and ya know the songs are actually cool. 


Hey ya never know, this guy could become Poland's answer to MIDNIGHT, TOXIC HOLOCAUST or the Scottish fuck who had a big album last year. Hey DRUNK THRASHER has my vote as the next big thing in blackened speed metal. Nuff Said and now I'm gonna have a beer. 


http://godzovwar.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://godzovwarproductions.bandcamp.com/album/raining-vomit


 

No comments: