Tuesday, May 12, 2020

BLACK PESTILENCE - Hail the Flesh review



BLACK PESTILENCE - Hail the Flesh

Self Released



So in comes the, wait for it, sixth full length by this Canadian blackened something or other act. Trust me I'm not being a prick here. It's a self released CD but this should be a major release on a major label. Those of you who read this blog (and frankly who doesn't?) know I'm not one to push major versus minor label ideas. Be that as it may I will point out honest arguments.


The first honest point is that BLACK PESTILENCE are cool as fuck. Think of them of sounding like something in-between DESTROYER 666, GOATWHORE and MIDNIGHT. Follow that up with an accessible sound worthy of the general metal listening public. It's blackened thrash all the way and it's (wait for it) not generic sounding. Yeah I know, let me slit my fucking wrists. 


BLACK PESTILENCE by the way are a three piece act. This full length of there's has nine cuts. Now along with the blackened thrash attack there's some punk fuckin rock n roll seeping in. Once again that's a good thing. You've got headbanging, slam pit starting rhythms, savage lead work, some actual bass riffs and foul blood spitting vocals.





As far as extreme metal goes Hail the Flesh is an all out classic. Which is why I'm kinda pissed that it's a self released album. It shouldn't be! Even the indie labels should take notice of this band.  BLACK PESTILENCE has paid more dues than many a newbie blackened thrash act who uses the same producer as everyone else seems to use. I will scream this band praises for the rest of 2020.


https://blackpestilence.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/blackpestilenceband


No comments: