Saturday, May 9, 2020

MARROWFIELDS - Metamorphoses review



MARROWFIELDS - Metamorphoses

Black Lion Records




Some styles of music I like to deem "nighttime sounds". I wouldn't classify it as easy listening at all. Basically it's music that has a somber tone but still vicious enough enjoyment for the twisted mind. Before the present day circumstances I'd get home from work late at night. So I'd want my extreme musical preferences based of getting off of work in the AM hours. I wanted an atmospheric feeling of re-laxness. 


So if it was 3 AM in the morning I'd gladly play this full length debut by MARROWFIELDS. They're a five piece doom act hailing from Fall River, Massachusetts. Now what their sound consists of does have a born on date. In other words it's nothing new to fans of atmospheric doom bands past and present. That's not a slag against em and there's no need to name drop. I just think it's cool that they've placed their own stamp on this style of doom.


Metamorphoses is in a word, majestic. Musically you've got a release where these five musicians perform like a symphony. This five cut, over fifty minute long release, comes across like one long piece versus an album of individual cuts with varied connections. The vocals are sung clean and with deep conviction. The rhythms are soft like velvet but wrapped around a ticking bomb of explosiveness. In the end this release is an epic listening experience


https://blacklion.nu/

https://marrowfields.bandcamp.com/releases

https://www.facebook.com/marrowfields



No comments: