Monday, April 25, 2022

CORPSESSED - Succumb To Rot


 

CORPSESSED - Succumb To Rot

Dark Descent Records


Alright it's time for a "bias alert" because I'm an honest SOB. I'm a long time fan of Dark Descent Records. My CD collection shows it. Hell my death metal CD collection shows it. I mean years ago in the end of year favorites I'd rank the label number one simply because every release I heard I bought and they would be in my top favorites. 


Although of late, say the past three years, I've only gotten four releases a year by em. So when I saw this album by Finland's CORPSESSED come in for review, I was like waitaminute. I went into the stacks and pulled out their Abysmal Thresholds from 2014. Yeah another Dark Descent Records release. But hey I've also got Impetus of Death from 2018. I missed out on the band's last one, Beyond Abysmal Thresholds, from 2019.


Be that as it may here we have another cool album by CORPSESSED who are purveyors of the old school Finnish death metal/death doom and gloom style. Imagine vocals sung by a bear just awakened after hibernation. You got riffs and rhythms that trudge along like a hungry beast. This is horrific sounding death doom hunting to eat you. I mean "Death Stench Effluvium" give me a break!


What we have here are eight cuts of relentless stench driven hostility. And I love every thirty-six plus minutes of it. CORPSESSED have been around for fifteen years now. To me this is the best they've ever done. 


https://www.darkdescentrecords.com/shop/

LISTEN HERE:

https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/succumb-to-rot


No comments: