Friday, April 8, 2022

CROWBAR - Zero And Below review


 

CROWBAR - Zero And Below

MNRK Heavy 


After my second listen to this new album by CROWBAR I came to a realization. The whole NOLA Sludge thing is pretty much played out. Case in point a few years ago I saw EYEHATEGOD and after five songs I was like "OK I'm done, let's go home". Now twenty years ago or more I would've stayed for the whole set because it was exciting. 


Which brings me back to this latest release by Kirk Windstein and whoever is in his band now. So to be fair I don't own every CROWBAR album. This is the twelve fuckin full length if you needed a count. I like the ones I have simply because they're all equally good. In other words they all sound the same. And this one just adds to the collection.


Kirk Windstein is a cool vocalist in the Sludge realm. A great songwriter and his guitar riff style is damm good. He surrounds himself with decent musicians who help in creating his musical vision. And of course the production is always good so blasting any album is no problem. 


As far as Zero And Below goes the CROWBAR formula is intact. In fact this is the best CROWBAR album I've heard since their last one. I mean you get a few speedy but pummeling cuts. Then there's the tried and true heavy as fuck shit. And finally there's the melodic and atmospheric cuts. 


Sure it's great now but it'll be gathering dust on the shelf with all their other releases until the mood hits to pull one of em out for nostalgia purposes.  

 

https://mnrkheavy.com/

LISTEN HERE:

https://crowbar.bandcamp.com/


No comments: